Personal || Fleeting Fall

Thursday, November 7







































written on thursday the seventh of november at eleven thirty-five.

holy wow. life is crazy.

first i gotta say, i think this has been the most beautiful fall i've ever experienced since we moved here. the leaves has stayed for forever and they're the most colorful i've ever seen. i'm in love with it.

basketball season is kicking in gear and we had our first scrimmage "unofficial game" tonight. we won, but by the knick of our teeth. we have a ton to work on. sports have never been my thing, but this year looks better then when i last played. my teammates are pretty cool, and super talented. and i've gotten a little more aggressive and my shot isn't too bad ;) buuut i do not have "sport smarts" and we don't know our plays very well yet, sooo if we're not running the plays i feel like a chicken with my head cut off. while the other girls can improvise i mostly just freak out haha.

running has become a lot of fun. the most i had ever ran was three miles on the treadmill and i nearly died afterwards. dad and i would run two miles tops outside and i had to take walking breaks, buuut wednesday my dad, my super awesome friend and her dad went running downtown. apparently it was 3 miles he said and i only stopped once to tie my shoes. i'm pretty excited ;)

designing is wonderful. i am so blessed to do what i do and to have clients who give me the privelige of working with them. having friendships form through working with them is my absolute favorite. my parents are pretty awesome about me doing this and having their 100% support and wisdom is such a tremendous blessing. with basketball and everything life is so much more busy then what i'm used to. i'm working on juggling my responsiblities and later nights and earlier mornings to fit in a few more hours of design work has become my new jam.

i know it's pretty quiet around here recently besides scheduled design posts, but i promise in a few weeks i'll have some more stuff to show ya'll. in my blog time instead of writing posts and cooking and taking pictures i've been working on some secret stuff. i'm slowly working on relaunching my website, blog and getting some forms and business cards and everything a little more streamlined and profesh. it's fun!

i would like to be blogging a bit more regularly soon though. leave comments below on what your favorite posts of mine were. maybe they'll make it to first priority haha. i'm getting bored of these catch up posts i've been doing recently. i hope your week has been amazing!

oh-- one last thing. remember that 50mm lens i got awhile back? well i went the cheap route and bought the one with manual focus.. it was killing me because i'd quickly take some pictures and when i put them on my computer they weren't super sharp. i was so mad. anyways i just bought the one with auto focus and i am so so happy. like everything is so bright and clear. makes me like my camera again. pluus our new puppy, keiser, and the leaves, and my pretty momma were begging to be photographed so i did that the other day.

anyways i need sleep so bad haha. hopefully there will be posts a bit more often.

19 comments:

  1. Wow you're right, that is a beautiful fall you are having. Those colors are popping off of the page! Gorgeous :)

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're falling now, but they lasted for forever compared to the last years :)

      Delete
  2. You are just so awesome! I love your posts...and I really do love your design ones! You are so inspirational!! Love KAtie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, I'm glad you like them because I have a huge load of them to post haha. I replied to your email. Hope to hear from you soon! xx

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean about getting up earlier and going to bed later! :) Getting up at six is being to...hurt. lol
    And I agree with Katie, I really like to see all your design posts, they're so pretty and it's fun to see what you've been working on! :) And whatever you post it's always sure to be something nice!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm such a sleep addict so it's an adjustment, but it actually makes my days go a little smoother so I'll stick with it. Haha I agree I hate getting up at 6, but I have.. Although I would prefer 7-9ish wake up calls.

      Awesome! Then that's what you'll see. You're awesome, Sarah! xx

      Delete
  4. I totally get what you mean about being busy...the past two months for me have been CRAZY. I work late and think "oh, I don't need sleep" and then I wake up in the morning feeling even more tired :P
    Lovely photos - your momma is gorgeous! And hasn't this fall been the best?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mhmm. it's like I drag all day, but when it gets darker outside I have so much energy! Thank you! Isn't she though?! And YES I'm in love with it! Buut it's fading quickly and Winter is coming and ugh I don't even want to think about that

      Delete
  5. these photos are stunning, i personally LOVE using the manual focus setting, but sometimes the auto is just a must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Noni! I do love manual focus on things that won't move. But for animals, children, outdoorsy stuff and quick snapshots I was in desperate need of auto again

      Delete
  6. The photos are so happy and personally your life. Life has been crazy for me as well. I hate being on limbo sometimes. Have a nice day Natalia!
    D-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS What is your puppy's name? He's adorable!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Danielle! I do too, haha. I like a set rhythm. His name is Keiser :) He's our second German Shepherd. The older one is Buela :)

      Delete
    3. He's so cute! Nice unique names. :) Have a great day!

      Delete
  7. oh, so many happy fall colors. and you are so gorgeous.
    and i did the same thing with manual focus. i used it for the last year and i would get so frustrated because my photos weren't a sharp as i wanted them to be, i started using auto focus, and back-button-focusing... i was blown away. it was so much better. (and i am in love with back button focusing!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh they're so pretty! buuut today we have snow :(
      thank you!
      mhmm, auto focus is a life saver. what's back button focusing? it sounds awesome!

      Delete
  8. Love love! You are gorgeous! And the quality of your photographs is amazing. I personally like it when you post about your day...or fashion posts ;)

    www.missabbeynoelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, abbey! very well then, maybe i'll actually start wearing clothes other then nike again ;)

      Delete