Survive with Courage, Humor and Grace.

Wednesday, December 11


































"One day she finally grasped that unexpected things were always going to happen in life. And with that she realised the only control she had was how she chose to handle them. So she made the decision to survive using courage, humor, and grace. She was the Queen of her own life and the choice was hers."

winter is here and it still seems crazy that twenty thirteen is almost gone. i'm slowly writing goals for the new year, plans and ideas for this space, and my design work. i'm going back and forth whether to wait until every itty bitty detail is ready to relaunch my design site, or to slowly start incorporating the new details as i finish them. 

as i was going over last year's list i realized i didn't accomplish a lot of what i had hoped to. i changed, my interests changed, and i took new paths. i was going to travel over six months of the year, was not planning on playing basketball, and definitely had no idea about designing blogs for a job. instead i only took one of the planned big trips, signed up for basketball again and started designing blogs.

even in the little day to day things my plans don't always go as succeeded. in fact they rarely go as planned. and for me-- a list-maker, and an organized perfectionist-- it can mess up my rhythm and i spend the rest of the day lost, exasperated, and discouraged. so maybe this year my biggest goal will be to relax, breathe, chill out and choose to handle them with courage, humor and grace. it's my choice.

5 comments:

  1. Your pictures are just amazing. I love those dogs! I just wanna cuddle them. It's kind of crazy what a year can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dogs are so loveable Natalia! We have a new GSD cross now, named Sophie. She's on G+.
    Never really thought 'bout New Year......except maybe redoing my pics on the wall. LOL! Yeah, 2013 just swept by, with a lot of really good experiences. Winter here was a beautiful thing, but right now a painful thing.
    have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, 2013 went by too fast! I love making lists and goals, but sometimes they can get a bit overwhelming when you don't meet up to them. Handling goals and aspirations with courage, humor, and grace is such a great mindset to have, though. (I'm currently working on it...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. List making helps in setting goals and motivation, but you have to know that life can be very unpredictable. The next year is bound to contain some unplanned surprises. That being said, I really like your "biggest goal."

    Also can someone say "puppy dog eyes"? Can't help but love your (German Shepherd?) dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is off topic but I just wanted to say that I've been looking at your new design website and, man! it is fantastic!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete